The Japan Centennial Celebration Getaway Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 pm PT on January 12th, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 pm PT on February 29, 2012. Open to legal residents of the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia who are or exceed the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction where they reside at the time. Not open to residents of Puerto Rico or where prohibited by law.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
For complete rules, see below. Sponsor: Japan National Tourism Organization.
JAPAN CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION GETAWAY
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. Description: The "Japan Centennial Celebration Getaway Sweepstakes" ("Sweepstakes") begins at 12:00:01 pm PT on January 12, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 pm PT on February 29, 2012 (the "Entry Period"). Entries submitted outside the Entry Period are void. The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Japan National Tourism Organization ("Sponsor"). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Project M, Inc. ("Administrator"). The Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal resident of the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia who exceed the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of the Sweepstakes entry. The employees of the Sponsor, the Administrator or others associated with the Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes Entities"), as well as their immediate family, associates and household members, are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Winner and his/her travel companion shall be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release ("Affidavit and Release") as a condition to the delivery of the winning prize.
3. Entry: To enter the Sweepstake, visit www.japantravelinfo.com/sweepstakes2012 (the "Website") during the Entry Period and follow the instructions. Each Entry must designate a choice of a themed Japan tour from among the six choices displayed on the Website and must designate certain contact information ("Entry"). All Entries must be received within the Entry Period. Limit of one (1) Entry per person/email address. If more than one Entry is received from any one person/email address, such Entries will be disqualified. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any Entries that appear to be generated by a macro, script or other automated means. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner or have authorized use of the email address used for Entry. In the event of any dispute, the Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the email account was opened. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any inaccuracies, human or other error, technical malfunction of hardware/software, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures, inability to access any online services or Website or to complete a telephone call or facsimile transaction, any other error or malfunction, or late, lost or misdirected email or mail, or any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute for any attempt to damage the Website, tamper with the entry process, or otherwise impair the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes.
4. Prize: One prize will be awarded, consisting of the themed Japan tour that the winner chose at the time of the Entry for the winner and one guest. The approximate retail value ("ARV") for each of the themed tours of Japan is $5,000.00. Entries and prize are nontransferable. The award trip must be booked by March 31, 2012 and completed by June 30, 2012. The Prize includes the following: Two (2) coach class roundtrip air tickets for the winner and one guest on a carrier chosen by the Administrator to and from Haneda or Narita Airport, Tokyo, Japan, and to and from the major airport closest to the winner's home, transfers to and from the U.S. airport are not included. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Tickets are non-refundable, non-reroutable and non-endorsable. Airport transfers to and from hotel and to Haneda or Narita International Airport for departure to U.S. are included. Some meals also included, but not all. Winner and guest will be responsible for all expenses not specifically provided as part of the Prize, including but not limited to, carrier surcharges, service charges, local transportation, overnight accommodation prior to or following the travel dates, in order to accommodate flight connections, taxes, insurance, gratuities, some meals, beverages, incidentals and any items of a personal nature. Black out dates may apply. Winner and guest are responsible for procuring appropriate documentation for travel to Japan from the U.S. Reservations for flights and hotel stay will be made through Administrator and/or their affiliated companies. Prize cannot be exchanged for cash. No prize transfer, assignment or substitution by winner or guest is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Should the winner selected not be able to accept the prize, Sponsor reserves the right to select and award the prize to another winner using random selection from among the remaining eligible entries.
5. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: A random drawing will take place within 10 business days after the Sweepstakes entry deadline from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential winner will be notified by the Sponsor by telephone or email. The potential winner and his or her guest will be required, within five (5) days of the attempted notification, to verify his or her correct address and return a completed Affidavit and Release (i.e., affidavit of eligibility, waiver of liability and agreement for publicity releases) in the prescribed form. Failure of any winner (or the designated guest) to respond or return the properly completed and executed Affidavit and Release within the specified time may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries.
7. Condition of Participation and Release: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, each Entrant (and guest) agrees to release the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective successors, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury including death, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the prize. Each Entrant (and guest) authorizes the Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, and on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sweepstakes Entities are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sweepstakes Entities sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software, or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use if a prize including participation in any activity or travel related thereto, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, human, administrative or technical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities disclaims any liability or damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. The applicable Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, will select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. The applicable Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sweepstakes Entities representatives.
8. Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, Entrants and guest hereby waive all damages other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes), including without limitation, all punitive, incidental or consequential damages, attorneys' fees, and fee multiplication awards.
10. Sweepstakes Entities: Japan National Tourism Organization, 11 West 42nd Street, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10036; Administrator: Project M, Inc. 222 North Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 2000, El Segundo, CA 90245, and other associated entities.